Wednesday, October 13, 2010

HOMECOMING

This past week was homecoming. Homecoming is Jordan Valley is very different from when I was in high school. I do not even remember much of homecoming at good old Cleveland High but I am sure we had one. Here in Jordan Valley each class creates a float for the parade. Of course students are not allowed to work on the float during the school day so we work on them after pratice. This gives me time to go home and cook dinner for my class. Nothing fancy but something to fill their stomach. We usually work until 8 or so depending on what we are doing. It is a long day but it does give a teacher time to see the students in a different role.


This is a picture of the float my class created. There was more work than it looks like. It took a couple nights to weld togther parts of the float. We did not win but we did get thrid place out of 4.



In addition to the Friday parade and games Jordan Valley has a bon fire. This year my class had to get the wood for fire. During the summer our crow nest on the football field caught fire. The powers that be at school decided we should the left over wood for the bon fire. The problem is that we had to knock down the half burnt stand and move it to the bon fire area. Thank goodness we have 5 boys in the class because the did most of the work. In the end it was a great bon fire.

The kids doing jumping jacks around the fire. I have no idea why. After jumping jacks and a few cheers then it is story time.



I enjoy spending time with my class but I am glad that homecoming is over!







2 comments:

Patty Stephens said...

So who was the freshman princess!?

Michelle & Luke said...

I love it!!! the float is awesome- i don't know why you guys didn't win FIRST prize! Also- what story did you read them? That is a cute picture :) love you!