Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Jett Becomes a Rancher

A couple months ago one of my 8th grade students was celebrating his birthday. I asked him what he wanted for his birthday and he told me he wanted to start a heard of cows but he needed someone to sell him or give him some cows. Since I did not have any extra in my inventory I told him to ask his dad. He said that he alrady had ask and his dad told him no because he was too young.

After talking about it for a while he decided to ask his grandfather. He was so scared because he figured his grandfather would say no too. A couple days later Jett came to class all excited. When I asked him what was up he said that his grandfather had give him 4 cows. In today's maket that is a lot of money. He was so exccited and told me all about his black cows. I told him congraluations you are a Rancher now and he replied Ya I guess so.

As a teacher it is times like this that are priceless. I had the honor to teach Jett's parents and now it is his turn. It is exciting to watch them grow and get excited about life. Will Jett be a Rancher in the future? I have no idea but he has a great start for an 8th grader.

No comments: