Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Teaching Moment of the Day

During the last hour of school it is my prep. I am to use the time to work on class stuff but a lot of times I have students that ask to work in my room. I am not joking myself I know that they just want to see if the computers will let them use facebook. Today I was working on my computer when I heard a strange noise. I turned to my student Dustin and ask what he was doing. He said: "I am blowing the cheese out of my switch blade" My response was: "Oh ok" I guess I have been teaching in a small school too long. It does not concern me when a student has a switch blade or pocket knife in their pocket. Of course usually they do not need to clean the cheese off of their knives. Most of the time I never know they have them. And yes, in case you were wondering we do have students that usually have some type of gun in their car especially duirng hunting season.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds just like Chris!!

Michelle & Luke said...

Nice. a switch blade- i guess as long as he is just using it on cheese everyone is safe :)